Native English-speakers will proofread your papers mainly in the fields of natural science, including chemistry, physics, biology, and medicine. Our proofreaders have expertise in each field and proofread a total of approximately 10 000 papers every year.
(papers / abstracts / cover letters / presentations / dissertations / manuals, etc.)
How to request proofreading service
- Please send your paper (MS Word, PDF, or PPT file) to [email@example.com] with your name, contact information (e.g., postal address, email address, phone number), and your desired return date (type of service).
- We will inform you of the estimated fee for the requested service and return date.
- When we receive your formal request, native English-speakers will proofread your paper with handwritten corrections. (Direct input on MS Word and PPT files is available for extra charge.)
- We will send you a PDF (scanned) file of your paper with handwritten corrections.
- After you receive the PDF file, you can ask us questions up to twice free of charge. If you have many questions, request the proofreading of newly added text, or request a translation from Japanese to English, extra fees will be required.
- After the completion of the service, we will send you a set of invoice documents.
- Please pay the fees by bank transfer. If you wish to pay by credit card, please contact us.
Type of service
|Non-urgent||1-2 months||0.6 times the standard fee|
|Standard||7-10 days||Go to [Rough estimator]|
|Express||2-3 days||1.5 times the standard fee|
|Urgent||Within 24 hours||2 times the standard fee|
|Premium||If you make your request by 9:00, |
we will return the proofread paper by 15:00.
If you make your request by 12:00,
we will return the proofread paper within the same day.
|2.5 times the standard fee|
- The duration excludes Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays.
- If you request a short-duration service for a lengthy paper, we may not be able to accept your request. If you are in a hurry, please contact us beforehand.
- The fee for proofreading using the correction history function of MS Word is 1.3 times the standard cost.
- If you revise the paper taking into consideration the corrections proposed by our native English-speaking proofreaders and request reproofreading of the revised paper within two months after we first return your paper, we will provide the second proofreading service at half the cost of a first proofreading service. Note that new text added by the authors, if many, are excluded from consideration for the second proofreading service.
If the number of characters (including spaces) is known, go to (1).
If the number of words is known, go to (2).
Please select the type of service, enter the number of characters or words, and press the [Enter] key or click [Estimate].
Issue a proof of proofreading
We will issue a Proof of Proofreading upon request. This Proof is issued only after the quality of the English is judged to be of a level acceptable for international journals. In most cases, the Proof is issued only after the completion of the second proofreading service.
Frequently asked questions
- What qualifications do your proofreaders have?
All our proofreaders are qualified with academic backgrounds in science and related subjects and are highly experienced. Your work will be given to the proofreader with the most appropriate specialization.
- My work includes sensitive information. Will it be safe?
We take author confidentiality extremely seriously and all staff members are highly aware of the importance of protecting information.
- Can I ask the proofreader questions about their corrections?
Yes. Japanese staff will deliver your questions to the proofreader. Our proofreaders will be happy to explain the reasoning behind their corrections and check alternative sentences proposed by the customer.
- Can work be checked in British English?
Yes. The default English used by our proofreaders is American English. Please tell us in advance if you prefer British English.
If you have any questions, please contact MYU Research Ltd..
1-23-3 Sendagi, Bunkyo-ku,
Tokyo 113-0022, Japan