Native English speakers will proofread your papers to a high standard of English. Our fields of expertise mainly include chemistry, physics, biology, medicine, engineering, and computing, and our proofreaders have many years of experience and are familiar with the latest specialist terms in your field. We can also proofread abstracts, cover letters, presentations, dissertations, manuals, and other text in English.
How to request the proofreading service
- Please send your paper (MS Word, PDF, or PPT file) to [email@example.com] with your name, contact information (e.g., postal address, email address, phone number), desired return date, and type of service.
- We will inform you of the estimated fee for the requested service and return date.
- When we receive your formal request, native English speakers will proofread your paper with handwritten corrections. (Direct input on MS Word and PPT files is available for an extra charge.)
- We will send you a PDF (scanned) file of your paper with handwritten corrections.
- After you receive the PDF file, you can ask us questions up to twice free of charge. If you have many questions, request the proofreading of newly added text, or request a translation from Japanese to English, extra fees will be required.
- After the completion of the service, we will send you a set of invoice documents.
- Please pay the fees by bank transfer. If you wish to pay by credit card, please contact us.
Type of service
(excluding weekends and public holidays)
|0.6 times the standard fee
|Go to [Rough estimator]
|1.5 times the standard fee
|Within 24 hours
|2 times the standard fee
|If you make your request by 9:00,
we will return the proofread paper by 15:00.
If you make your request by 12:00,
we will return the proofread paper
within the same day.
|2.5 times the standard fee
- If you request a short-duration service for a lengthy paper, we may not be able to accept your request. If you are in a hurry, please contact us beforehand.
- The fee for proofreading using the correction history function of MS Word is 1.3 times the standard cost.
- If you revise the paper using the corrections proposed by our proofreaders and request a second proofread of the revised paper within two months of receiving your revised paper, we will provide the second proofreading service at half the cost of the first proofreading service. Note that new sections and parts with substantially changed text will be charged at the cost of the first proofreading service.
If the number of characters (including spaces) is known, go to (1).
If the number of words is known, go to (2).
Please select the type of service, enter the number of characters or words, and press the [Enter] key or click [Estimate].
* Rates will be revised on April 1, 2022.
Proof of Proofreading certificate
We will issue a Proof of Proofreading certificate upon request. This Proof is issued only after the quality of the English is judged to be of a level acceptable for international journals. In most cases, the Proof is issued only after the completion of the second proofreading service.
Frequently asked questions
- What qualifications do your proofreaders have?
All our proofreaders are qualified and experienced with academic backgrounds in science and related subjects. Your work will be given to the proofreader with the most appropriate specialization.
- My work includes sensitive information. Will it be safe?
We take author confidentiality extremely seriously and all staff members are highly aware of the importance of protecting information.
- Can I ask the proofreader questions about their corrections?
Yes. Japanese staff will deliver your questions to the proofreader. Our proofreaders will be happy to explain the reasoning behind their corrections and check alternative sentences proposed by the customer.
- Can work be checked in British English?
Yes. The default English used by our proofreaders is American English. Please tell us in advance if you prefer British English.
If you have any questions, please contact MYU Research Ltd..
1-23-3 Sendagi, Bunkyo-ku,
Tokyo 113-0022, Japan